It’s my last week of school, final week, and I am having trouble comprehending how fast freshman year flew by. It went by so fast that I am having trouble remembering all that I’ve done since I’ve been here. Before coming to Syracuse, I was scared that I wasn’t going to find my niche here, but a year later, and I am loving my friends, my work, and the atmosphere on which I surround myself. As I sit and look back on this past year, I can’t help but reflect on some of the best and worst times I’ve had yet.
1. “bar-mitzvah” style partying at AEPI.
2. Ah-mazing waffles from funk-n-waffles.
3. landing my video in Spark Gallery
4. joining AEPHI
5. 4/20. enough said.
6. my AWESOME friends
7. taking my first oil painting class … and liking it!
8. gaining freshman 20 😦
9. living on my own, making my own decisions.
10. spending WAYYYY too much MONEY
11. teaching sculpture to kids at Grant Middle School
12. declaring sculpture as my major
13. all the fights and make-ups with my roomate
14. VISITORS ON THE WEEKENDS 🙂
15. failing my first design history test… but passing the class with a B+
16. going to the MOMA AND MET for the first time!
17. studying more than ever
18. pulling more all nighters than I can count on my hands and toes.
….AND THE LIST GOES ON AND ON.
Just a few of the things I remember from this past year. Man I can’t believe its almost summer — finally no work and some sleep! Although I am sooo happy its summer, I can’t deny the fact that I will miss school, my friends, and the experience a lot. I am looking forward to sophomore year, new room, new roomate, new start! 🙂 I know each year will get better and better here, SO EXCITED!!!! 🙂